Monday, September 22, 2008


Last night, I saw Conor Oberst at the Ryman. I have now seen him perform five times live (four times as Bright Eyes). Three times at the Ryman, once at Grimey's and once at Bonnaroo. That ties him with Jason White as the musician I have seen perform the most. Jason's count: Twice at third and Lindsley, twice at 12th and Porter, and once at Uptown Mix. Tied for second place - with three performances each are Ben Folds and Garth Brooks. At two performances are Nickel Creek and Spoon. I have probably seen other performers more than once, but I can't remember who right off. 

During the performance, Mr. Oberst mentioned his atheism (or what i interporeted as atheism) by joshing a Christian band. And the audience was down with that. Neat. I am happy to be in the company of non-Christians. 

For the record, last night's performance was my favorite of the five.

No comments: