Monday, September 22, 2008

Netflix Frustrates the Hell out of Me

Ever heard of throttling? That is the unofficial word for the process Netflix uses to slow down your renting habits. Officially, they give higher priority to members who rent less. For "High Users" (aka me), they use various techniques to slow down your renting. For me, they regularly ship my DVDs from absurd locations, rather than anywhere near me - thus slowing down the delivery and return times. 

A few cities they have sent my movies from:

Atlanta, GA

Tacoma, WA

Baton Rouge, LA

Cincinatti, OH

Madison, WI

Phoenix, AZ

Louisville, KY

St. Louis, MO

Sacramento, CA

Springfield, IL

Austin, TX

And others, including some city in Virginia. 

This week, we are shipping from Gaithersburg, MD.

This is absurd. 

No comments: